Xander Uriah Stokes

Today, I will be starting what I hope I can remember to do for each child on their birthdays.

Xander Uriah Stokes was born on Friday, November 7th, 2003, at Washington Regional Medical Center in Fayetteville, Arkansas, at 11:37 a.m. He weighed 7 pounds, 4 ounces which made him the smallest baby born to me by over a full pound. Chloe, his older sister, couldn't say Xander, so she called him Buddy until she could say his name. But we all still call him Buddy a lot.

This guy looks a lot like my sister, but when I was taking his birthday pictures yesterday, I saw a lot of his dad in him. He's extremely handsome and hilarious. He always has something to say. Xander is an artist in many ways. He can draw like none other and his imagination is always running wild with stories of "what ifs" and "wouldn't it be cool to..." Xander is nothing like his mother. He has his own "organizational style" and his own way of doing things. He has recently begun to watch videos of Michael Jackson and has done a great job of mimicking his dance moves.

I had him answer some questions for me this morning before we left for school, so I could keep a record of all his likes and dislikes.

Q: What are your favorite things to play with?
Xander:  Legos, Sonic the Hedgehog toys, Nintendo DS

Q: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Xander:  I don't know

Q:  What is your favorite subject in school?
Xander: penmanship

Q:  If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
Xander: Universal Studios


Q:  What is your favorite food?
Xander:  Eureka Pizza



Q:  What is your favorite drink?
Xander:  Diet Sprite

Q:  What is your favorite book?
Xander: I don't know

Q:  Who is your best friend?
Xander:  Cade Melton

Q:  What do you want for your birthday?
Xander: old Nintendo console

Q:  Who do you look up to the most?
Xander: Dad

Q:  What is your favorite outfit?
Xander:  Batman costume

Q:  What is your favorite song?
Xander: Billie Jean

Q:  What is your favorite cereal?
Xander:  Lucky Charms

Q:  If you had $1,000 to spend on anything, what would you buy?
Xander: Delorean

Q:  If you had one wish, what would it be?
Xander: to skateboard like Tony Hawk

Q:What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Xander: chocolate

Q: What are your interests?
Xander:  dancing to Michael Jackson, drawing, building things with Legos, watching tv, playing DS

Q:  What do you hope to do before your next birthday?
Xander:  Go to Arkadia 5 times


(These are all pictures I took yesterday in our yard. I didn't really have him pose. He did all this himself. I had to tell him to smile bigger, but mostly I let him do what was comfortable to show the real Xander. The pictures have already been complained about because he isn't smiling, but I like them anyway.)




Please feel free to post comments for Xander to read when he gets home from school!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, XANDER!







Comments

  1. such a handsome guy. He is truly one of a kind and his won person. I love watching him progress into a young man. If I had to say what he will do in his life I would have to say something very much his own. This boy refuses to conform to the norm. I love that about him. Happy birthday xander. I love you very deeply. You are an amazing young man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said on Facebook this morning, everyone should have a Xander in their family. I'm so glad I have my Xander! I love him so much & can't imagine life without him! He tells me he's never getting married so he can take care of me when I get old -- I keep telling him I'll just be happy if he still gives Mimi hugs when he "gets to be a man"... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Nanny (Marilyn Stokes):
    Xander has been unique since the day he was born. I remember him standing against the wall straight as an arrow at just a few weeks old. He is talented beyond his years but has such a sweet spirit. He likes nothing more than making people happy. He's always the life of the party and good for a few laughs. Nanny and Poppie love you so much and are so proud if the young man you've become.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Xan Man!! He's a Soupy Hewo ya know!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment